- Cover of OUTLOOK for its grassroots health work 2005
- In INDIA TODAY, one of top 50 persons in social work in the country 2008
- In OUTLOOK Business, one of top 50 social businesses in the country in Aug 2010.
- Front page of Aamar Asom (Guwahati) on 28th Aug 2010 as one of 3 social entrepreneurs of Assam chosen by Outlook Business.
- Best NGO Award of the District – given by District Administration in August 2012
- CNN-IBN Film on “Men Against The Tide 2013”
- The Telegraph “Candle rally in support of peace” 2 September 2013
- Mid-Day : Photography Workshop for Children of Chirang, 9th May 2010
- Outlook Business: On Aagor and the weaving enterprise
1.The ant’s weaving programme & Aagor Daagra Afad has distributed wages worth almost Rs. 2 crore since 2002-03 only through weaving. Salaries of local staff and other income generation activities are separate. More than 300 poor housemaids have been rehabilitated.
3.One of the first agencies in the northeast to develop the Community Health Worker and Barefoot Doctor model. The Manual we created and our personnel helped in formulating the Mitanin concept in Chhatisgarh which ultimately became the ASHA model for the country.
Community Laboratory model attracted WHO and National Institute of Malaria Research to come over and see the model for themselves of how just a one month training of microscopists could get 95% correct results!
4.The innovative Women’s cycle bank has given over 500 women and girls access to cycles; it has 6 sustainable chapters run by women’s federations and many other organisations have adopted this idea.
5. 10 girls football teams formed in an area where girls never played football; in the first year itself, 8 girls played at District level and 1 girl played at the State level!